The SparkFun GPS-RTK-SMA Kit comes with just what you need to get started using u-blox's ZED-F9P and GPS Real Time Kinematics. With GPS you are able to know where you are, where you're going, and how to get there anywhere on Earth within 30 seconds. This means the higher the accuracy the better! GPS Real Time Kinematics (RTK) has mastered dialing in the accuracy of their GPS modules to just millimeters, and that's why we had to put it on this kit!
Based on the SparkFun GPS-RTK2 designs, the SparkFun GPS-RTK-SMA raises the bar for high-precision GPS and is the latest in a line of powerful RTK boards featuring the ZED-F9P module from u-blox. The ZED-F9P is a top-of-the-line module for high accuracy GNSS and GPS location solutions including RTK that is capable of 10mm, three-dimensional accuracy. With this board, you will be able to know where your (or any object's) X, Y, and Z location is within roughly the width of your fingernail! The ZED-F9P is unique in that it is capable of both rover and base station operations. Utilizing our handy Qwiic system, no soldering is required to connect it to the rest of your system. However, we still have broken out 0.1"-spaced pins in case you prefer to use a breadboard.
We've included a rechargeable backup battery to keep the latest module configuration and satellite data available for up to two weeks. This battery helps 'warm-start' the module decreasing the time-to-first-fix dramatically. This module features a survey-in mode allowing the module to become a base station and produce RTCM 3.x correction data. Based on your feedback, we switched out the U.FL connector and included an SMA connector in this version of the board.
We've written an extensive Arduino library for u-blox modules to make reading and controlling the GPS-RTK-SMA over our Qwiic Connect System easy. Leave NMEA behind! Start using a much lighter weight binary interface and give your microcontroller (and its one serial port) a break. The SparkFun Arduino library shows how to read latitude, longitude, even heading and speed over I2C without the need for constant serial polling.
Also included in this kit is the GNSS multiband antenna, ground plate, and a reversible USB-A to C cable. The included antenna features a magnetic base and is designed to receive both the classic L1 and L2 GPS bands. Meanwhile, the ground plate will significantly increase the performance of the included antenna!
- 1x SparkFun GPS-RTK-SMA Breakout - ZED-F9P (Qwiic)
- 1x GNSS Multi-Band Magnetic Mount Antenna - 5m (SMA)
- 1x GPS Antenna Ground Plate
- 1x Reversible USB A to C Cable - 0.8m
GPS-RTK-SMA Breakout - ZED-F9P:
- Concurrent reception of GPS, GLONASS, Galileo and BeiDou
- Receives both L1C/A and L2C bands
- Voltage: 5V or 3.3V but all logic is 3.3V
- Current: 68mA - 130mA (varies with constellations and tracking state)
- Time to First Fix: 25s (cold), 2s (hot)
- Max Navigation Rate:
- PVT (basic location over UBX binary protocol) - 25Hz
- RTK - 20Hz
- Raw - 25Hz
- Horizontal Position Accuracy:
- 2.5m without RTK
- 0.010m with RTK
- Max Altitude: 50km (31 miles)
- Max Velocity: 500m/s (1118mph)
- Weight: 6.8g
- Dimensions: 43.5mm x 43.2mm (1.71in x 1.7in)
- 2x Qwiic Connectors
- L1 Band: 1559-1606MHz
- L2/L5 Band: 1197-1249MHz
- Peak gain (over 15cm diameter ground plane):
- L1 Band: 3.5dBic
- L2/L5 Band: 0-2.0dBic
- VSWR: max. 2
- Bandwidth: min. 200MHz
- Impedance: 50 Ohm
- Polarization RHCP
- Supports GPS, GLONASS, Galileo, and BeiDou
- 5m coaxial cable with SMA connector
- Magnetic base, fixed installation option (screw mount, 2 x M4 screws)
- Dimensions: 60.0mm x 82.0mm x 22.5mm
- Weight: 175g (including cable)
- Diameter: 4 Inches
- Thickness: 1/16"
- Weight: 0.4211 lbs
- Center Thread: 1/4-20 UNC Thread
- Finish: Industrial
- Reversible USB-A connector
- Reversible USB-C connector
- 0.8 meter cable length