This is the motor and encoder portion of the low-power (LP), 6 V versions of our 25D mm metal gearmotors with 48 CPR encoders. It does not include a gearbox, but the pinion gear on the output shaft works with all of our 25D mm gearmotor gearboxes, so this can be used as a replacement motor or encoder for those gearboxes.
- voltage: 6 V
- no-load performance: 6200 RPM, 120 mA
- stall extrapolation: 0.15 kg?cm (2.1 oz?in), 2.0 A
This motor with integrated 48 CPR (counts per revolution) quadrature encoder is intended as a replacement low-power (LP) 6 V motor with encoder for our 25D mm metal gearmotors. It is intended for use at 6 V, but in general, these kinds of motors can run at voltages above and below this nominal voltage. Lower voltages might not be practical, and higher voltages could start negatively affecting the life of the motor.
The output shaft has a non-removable pinion gear that works with all of our 25D mm gearmotor gearboxes. Note that we do not sell the 25D mm gearboxes separately, but if you have a gearmotor with a damaged motor or encoder (or if you want to effectively add an encoder to a version without an encoder), you can transfer the gearbox to this replacement motor.
The motor has a diameter of 24.2 mm (0.95 in) and a length of approximately 43 mm (1.7 in) from the top of the motor can to the bottom of the encoder. The top of the motor has two mounting holes threaded for M3 screws. These mounting holes are 17 mm apart and form a line with the motor shaft at the center. The mounting holes have a depth of approximately 2 mm.
Other motor windings with identical dimensions and pinion gears are also available, resulting in five total options:
- High-power 6 V motor with encoder(PO4800)
- Low-power 6 V motor with encoder (this product)
- High-power 12 V motor with encoder(PO4840)
- Medium-power 12 V motor with encoder(PO4860)
- Low-power 12 V motor with encoder(PO4880)
Pinion gear specs
- Metric with module m = 0.4
- Number of teeth: 12
- Face thickness: 2.5 mm
- Pressure angle: 20°
- Gear position: 4.5 mm from top of motor to top of gear
- Size:25D x 46L mm(Length does not include the motor shaft. )
- Weight:60 g
- Gear ratio: 1:1(This motor does not have a gearbox.)
- No-load speed @ 6V: 6200 rpm(Typical; ±20%)
- No-load current @ 6V: 0.12 A(Typical, ±50%; no-load current depends on internal friction, which is affected by many factors, including ambient temperature and duration of motor operation.)
- Stall current @ 6V: 2.0 A
- Stall torque @ 6V: 0.15 kg·cm(Stalling is likely to damage the motor. Stall parameters come from a theoretical extrapolation of performance at loads far from stall. As the motor heats up, as happens as it approaches an actual stall, the stall torque and current decrease.)
- Max output power @ 6V: 2.1 W
- Motor type: 6V, 2.0A stall (LP 6V)
- Lead length:8 in(May vary by a few inches)