The compact (0.5" × 0.7") D24V10F6 synchronous buck voltage regulator takes an input voltage of up to 36 V and efficiently reduces it to 6 V while allowing for a maximum output current of 1 A. This regulator offers typical efficiencies between 85% and 93% and has a very low dropout, so it can be used with input voltages as low as a few hundred millivolts above 6 V. The pins have a 0.1" spacing, making this board compatible with standard solderless breadboards and perfboards.
The D24V10Fx family of step-down voltage regulators features the Intersil ISL85410 1A synchronous buck regulator and generates lower output voltages from input voltages as high as 36 V. They are switching regulators (also called switched-mode power supplies (SMPS) or DC-to-DC converters) with typical efficiencies between 80% and 93%, which is much more efficient than linear voltage regulators, especially when the difference between the input and output voltage is large. These regulators have a power-save mode that activates at light loads and a low quiescent (no load) current draw, which make them well suited for applications that are run from a battery.
The different versions of this regulator all look very similar, so the bottom silkscreen includes a blank space where you can add your own distinguishing marks or labels. This product page applies to all five versions of the D24V10Fx family.
The SHDN pin can be used to put the board in a low-power state that reduces the quiescent current to approximately 10 µA to 20 µA per volt on VIN, and a PG (power good) output can be used to monitor the state of the regulator´s output voltage.
The regulators feature short-circuit/over-current protection, and thermal shutdown helps prevent damage from overheating. The boards do not have reverse-voltage protection.
The picture on the right shows a 1 A D24V10Fx regulator next to a 0.5 A D24V5Fx regulator and a common 7805 linear regulator in a TO-220 package.
- Input voltage: [output voltage + dropout voltage] to 36 V (see below for more information on dropout voltage)
- Fixed 3.3 V, 5 V, 6 V, 9 V, or 12 V output (depending on regulator version) with 4% accuracy
- Maximum output current: 1 A
- Typical efficiency of 80% to 93%
- 500 kHz switching frequency (when not in power-save mode)
- 2 ms soft-start reduces in-rush current on power-up
- 200 µA typical no-load quiescent current
- Integrated over-temperature and over-current shutoff
- Small size: 0.7" × 0.5" × 0.14" (18 mm × 13 mm × 3.5 mm)
Using the Regulator
|Product weight:||0,00 Kg|