These flexible RGB LED strips based on the SK6812 LED/driver IC are an easy way to add complex lighting effects to a project. Each LED has an integrated driver that allows you to control the color and brightness of each LED independently. The SK6812’s color and brightness are largely independent of its supply voltage from 3.5 V to 5 V, meaning that voltage drops caused by the resistance in long power connections are less likely to have a visible effect.
These SK6812-based LED strips work as a drop-in replacement for our older WS2812B-based strips in most applications, and they can be chained with the WS2812B-based LED strips. See below for a more detailed comparison of the SK6812 and WS2812B.
In contrast to our APA102C-based LED strips, which use a two-wire SPI interface, the SK6812 is controlled by a one-wire interface with strict timing requirements. See below for a more detailed comparison of the SK6812 and APA102C.
We offer six different kinds of SK6812 LED strip with different LED densities and lengths. Our strips with 30 LEDs per meter are available in three lengths:
- 1 meter, 30 LEDs
- 2 meters, 60 LEDs
- 5 meters, 150 LEDs
We also offer denser SK6812 LED strips that have 60 LEDs per meter:
- 1 meter, 60 LEDs
- 2 meters, 120 LEDs
Our highest density strip has 144 LEDs per meter:
- 0.5 meters, 72 LEDs
The information on this page applies to all of the SK6812-based LED strips we sell.
Features and specifications
- Individually addressable RGB LEDs (60 LEDs per meter)
- 24-bit color control (8 bits per channel)
- One-wire digital control interface
- 5 V typical operating voltage
- Color and brightness are voltage-independent down to 3.5 V
- Each RGB LED draws approximately 40 mA with red, green, and blue at full brightness
- 12 mm width (14 mm for the high-density 144 LEDs per meter strip), 4.6 mm thickness
- Flexible, waterproof silicone rubber sheath (IP65 protection rating)
- Includes flexible silicone mounting brackets
- Black strip color
- Power/data connectors on both strip ends for easy chaining
- Additional power and ground wires on input side for alternate power connections
- Strips can be cut apart along the lines between each RGB LED segment to separate them into usable shorter sections
- Example code available for Arduino, AVR, and mbed
To help you get started quickly, we provide sample code for these microcontroller platforms:
- PololuLedStrip Arduino library (also works with our Arduino-compatible A-star modules)
- Example AVR C code
- PololuLedStrip mbed library
Additionally, the Adafruit NeoPixel library for Arduino should work with these strips.
Since the SK6812 is so similar to the WS2812B, almost any code written for the WS2812B should work with the SK6812.
1 x Addressable RGB 60-LED Strip, 5V, 1m(SK6812)