The Adafruit ATWINC1500 WiFi Breakout uses SPI to communicate, so with about 6 wires, you can get your wired up and ready to go. Right now the Atmel-supplied library works great with Arduino Zero, and seems to work OK on Uno but may not work on other Arduinos. You can clock it as fast as 12MHz for speedy, reliable packet streaming. And scanning/connecting to networks is very fast, a few seconds.
This module works with 802.11b, g, or n networks & supports WEP, WPA and WPA2 encryption. You can use it in Soft AP mode to create an ad-hoc network. For secure client connections, there is TLS 1.2 support in firmware 19.4.4!
This 802.11bgn-capable WiFi module is the best new thing for networking your devices, with SSL support and rock solid performance - running our adafruit.io MQTT demo for a full weekend straight with no hiccups (it would have run longer but we had to go to work, so we unplugged it). We like these so much, they've completely replaced the CC3000 module on all our projects.
Technical Details of WiFi Breakout
- 33mm x 28mm x 4mm / 1.3" x 1.1" x 0.16"
- Weight: 4.4g
Technical Details of ATWINC1500
- Single-band 2.4GHz b/g/n
- Extreme low power
- Compact footprint: 5 x 5 mm QFN
- Operating voltage: 3.0V to 4.2V
- Serial host interface: SPI
- Security protocols supported: WPA/WPA2 Personal, TLS, SSL
- Network services: DHCP, DNS, TCP/IP (IPv4), UDP, HTTP, HTTPS
- Antenna Options:
- Chip and PCB antenna (ATWINC1500-MR210PB)
- Chip and u.FL connector (ATWINC1500-MR210UB)
- Available in a fully-certified module package:
- ATWINC1500-MR210PB1952 (4Mb flash)
- ATWINC1510-MR210PB1952 (8Mb flash)
- Part numbers reflect SW version, now available with SDK v19.5.2
- Recommended for new designs
- SDK 19.5.2 with TLS v1.2 server mode support, Crypto ECC508 integration, WPA2 security to AP mode & more
- Integrated into Atmel Studio 7 - See ASF release notes
- ATWINC1510-MR210PB1944 (Legacy SDK)
- Atmel Software Framework (ASF) Free Software download available
You can also cheek our "Dokumente" for more information
1x Adafruit ATWINC1500 WiFi Breakout with uFL Connector - fw 19.4.4