Open051C is an STM32 development board that features an STM32F051C8T6 device as the microcontroller. There are further expansions with various optional accessory boards for specific application. The modular and open design makes it the ideal for starting application development with STM32F family.
What's On Board
STM32F051C8T6: the high performance STM32 MCU which features
- Core: ARM Cortex-M0 32-bit RISC
- Operating Frequency: 48MHz
- Operating Voltage: 2-3.6V
- Package: LQFP48
- I/Os: 39
- Memories: 64KB Flash, 8kB RAM
- Communication Interfaces: 2 x SPI, 2 x USART, 2 x I2C, 1 x I2S
- AD & DA converters: 1 x AD (12-bit, 1µs, shares 16 channels)
- Debugging/Programming: supports SWD (serial wire debug) interfaces, supports IAP
- AMS1117-3.3: 3.3V voltage regulator
- Power switch
- Power indicator
- LEDs: for indicating I/O status
- Reset button
- User key: for I/O input and/or interact with running code
- Joystick: for I/O input (five positions)
- 32.768K crystal oscillator: used for internal RTC, also supports clock calibration
- 8M crystal oscillator: enables the MCU run at 48M frequency by frequency multiplication
- 8I/Os + DAC + ADC Interface: easily connects to keypad, motor, etc.
SPI1 / SPI2 interface
- easily connects to SPI peripherals such as FLASH (AT45DBxx), SD card, MP3, etc.
- convenient for connecting AD module, thanks to the SPI1 alternative AD function
- I2C1 / I2C2 interface: easily connects to I2C peripherals such as I/O expander (PCF8574), EEPROM (AT24Cxx), etc.
- LCD interface: easily connects to the touch screen LCD
- ONE-WIRE interface: easily connects to ONE-WIRE devices (TO-92 package), such as temperature sensor (DS18B20), electronic registration number (DS2401), etc.
- USART1 interface: easily connects to RS232, RS485, USB TO 232
- USART2 interface: easily connects to RS232, RS485, USB TO 232
- I2S / I2C1 interface: easily connects to I2S peripherals such as audio module, etc.
- PS/2 interface: for connecting PS/2 keyboard/mouse.
- 5V DC jack
- 5V/3.3 V power input/output, usually used for power output, or common ground with other user board
- MCU pins connector: all the MCU pins are accessible on expansion connectors for further expansion
- SWD interface: for debugging/programming
- Boot mode selection: for configuring the BOOT0 pins
- short the jumper to connect the LEDs to I/Os used in example code
- open the jumper to connect the LEDs to other custom pins via jumper wires
User key jumper
- short the jumper to connect the user key to I/Os used in example code
- open the jumper to connect the user key to other custom pins via jumper wires
- short the jumper to connect the joystick to I/Os used in example code
- open the jumper to connect the joystick to other custom pins via jumper wires
PS/2 interface jumper
- short the jumper to connect the PS/2 interface to I/Os used in example code
- open the jumper to connect the PS/2 interface to other custom pins via jumper wires
VBAT selection jumper
- short the jumper to use system power supply
- open the jumper to connect the VBAT to external power, such as battery
The Open051C supports programming via STM32 UART bootloader, a USB TO UART accessory board is also provided in the package.
The Open051C does NOT integrate any debugging function, a debugger is required.
The Open051C Standard includes only ONE accessory board -- PL2303 USB UART Board (mini).
The figure below shows the header pinouts of SWD interface
The User Guide CD includes development resources listed as follows:
- Related software (KEIL etc.)
- Demo code (examples in C, µC/OS-II)
- Schematic (PDF)
- STM32 development documentations (Datasheet etc.)
- Open051C development board x 1
- PL2303 USB UART Board (mini) x 1
- USB type A to Mini-B cable x 1
- 4-pin wire x 2
- 2-pin wire x 2
- USB power cable x 1
- User Guide CD x 1