Open1343 is an ARM Cortex-M3 development board that features an LPC1343 device as the microcontroller. It supports further expansion with various optional accessory boards for specific application. The modular and open design makes it the ideal for starting application development with ARM Cortex-M3 microcontroller.
What's On Board
LPC1343FBD48/302: the high performance ARM Cortex-M3 LPC MCU which features:
- Core: Cortex-M3 32-bit RISC
- Operating Frequency: 72MHz Max
- Operating Voltage: 2-3.6V (3.3V typical)
- Package: LQFP48
- I/Os: 42
- Memories: 32kB Flash, 8kB RAM
- Communication Interfaces: 1 x SPI, 1 x SSP, 1 x UART, 1 x I2C, 11 x PWM, 8 x ADC
- Debugging/Programming: supports SWD interfaces, supports ISP through UART
- AMS1117-3.3: 3.3V voltage regulator
- Power switch
- Power indicator
- LEDs: convenient for indicating I/O status and/or program running state
- Reset button
- User keys: for I/O input test and/or program control
- Joystick: five positions
- 12M crystal oscillator: enables the MCU run at 48M frequency by frequency multiplication
8 I/Os interface | 6-ch AD interface
- for connecting accessory boards which using I/O control, such as 8 Push Buttons, Motor, etc.
- can be used as AD interface for AD testing
- SPI interface: for connecting SPI peripherals, such as DataFlash (AT45DBxx), SD card, MP3, etc.
- I2C interface: easily connects to I2C peripherals such as I/O expander (PCF8574), EEPROM (AT24Cxx), etc.
- ONE-WIRE interface: easily connects to ONE-WIRE devices (TO-92 package), such as temperature sensor (DS18B20), electronic registration number (DS2401), etc.
- ISP interface (including UART interface): for connecting ISP modules and/or UART peripherals, such as RS232, RS485, USB TO UART, etc.
- LCD interface: supports connecting the 2.2 inch multi-color touch screen LCD (included in Package A), controlled through SPI, extremely saves more I/O resource
- USB port: communicating with PC
- PS/2 interface: easily connects to PS/2 keyboard and/or mouse
- 5V DC jack
- 5V/3.3V power input/output: usually used for power output, and/or common ground with other application board
- MCU pins connector: all the MCU pins are accessible on expansion connectors for further expansion
- SWD interface: for debugging/programming
- LEDs jumper
- User keys jumper
- Joystick jumper
- PS/2 jumper
- ISP jumper: short the jumper while connecting the LPC ISP (mini) accessory board
- ISP jumper: short the jumper for USB function
The Open1343 supports programming via UART BOOT LOAD, a USB TO UART accessory board is also provided in the package.
The Open1343 does NOT integrate any debugging function, a debugger is required.
The figures below shows the header pinouts of JTAG/SWD interface
Note: some of the LPC Cortex-M3 Open series development board integrates SWD only.
The User Guide CD includes development resources listed as follow:
- Related Software
- KEIL MDK-ARM Lite Edition (32 Kbytes limited), etc.
- Demo Code (examples in C)
- Schematic (PDF)
- LPC ARM Cortex-M3 Development Documentations (Datasheets etc.)
The "Standard Package" and "Accessory Boards Package" below are included.