This is an evaluation board for the Silicon Laboratories Si4703 FM tuner chip. Beyond enabling you to tune in to FM radio stations, the Si4703 is also capable of detecting and processing both Radio Data Service (RDS) and Radio Broadcast Data Service (RBDS) information. The Si4703 even does a very good job of filtering and carrier detection. It also enables data such as the station ID and song name to be displayed to the user.
Using this board, you will be able to pick up multiple stations just as well as with a standard FM radio. The board breaks out all major pins and makes it easy to incorporate this great chip into your next radio project. The power bus, the 3.3V and GND pins are broken out For communication. The breakout provides access to SDIO and SCLK for I2C communication while RST can be used for easy resetting. The SEN pin enables the user to change the mode of functionality of the IC. The last two pins broken out are GPIO1 and GPIO2 which can be used as general input/output pins, but also can be used for things like the RDS ready, seeking or tuning functions.
Keep in mind, by plugging headphones into the 3.5mm audio jack, you effectively use the cable in your headphones as an antenna! Therefore, this board does not require an external antenna if using headphones or a 3.5mm audio cable longer than 3 feet.
Technische Daten von Si4703
- This data sheet applies to Si4702/03-C Firmware 19 and greater
- Worldwide FM band support (76?108 MHz)
- Frequency synthesizer with integrated VCO
- Automatic frequency control (AFC)
- Automatic gain control (AGC)
- Excellent overload immunity
- Signal strength measurement
- Programmable de-emphasis
- (50/75 µs)
- Adaptive noise suppression
- Line-level analog output
- 32.768 kHz reference clock
- 2-wire and 3-wire control interface
- Integrated LDO regulator allows direct connection to battery
- 3 x 3 mm 20-pin QFN package
- Pb-free/RoHS compliant
- RDS/RBDS Processor (Si4703)
Schauen Sie sich bitte den Reiter 'Dokumente' weitere Informationen an.
- 1x SparkFun FM Tuner Evaluation Board - Si4703