This is a simple breakout for the Roving Networks Bluetooth module. All pertinent pins are broken out and labeled. This new version?s headers are unpopulated. Check below for appropriate headers.
The module from Roving Networks is powerful, small, and very easy to use. This Bluetooth module is designed to replace serial cables. The Bluetooth stack is completely encapsulated. The end user just sees serial characters being transmitted back and forth. Press the ?A? character from a terminal program on your computer and an ?A? will be pushed out the TX pin of the Bluetooth module.
Do not attach this device directly to a serial port. You will need an RS232 to TTL converter circuit if you need to attach this device to a computer.
Technical Details of Roving Networks
- Fully qualified Bluetooth module
- FCC Certified
- Fully configurable UART
- UART Data rates up to 3Mbps
- Over air data rate of 721kbps to 2.0Mbps
- Low power sleep mode
- Compatible with all Bluetooth products that support SPP (almost all do)
- Includes support for BCSP, DUN, LAN, GAP SDP, RFCOMM, and L2CAP protocols
- 3.3V operation
- Status pin
- Bluetooth Technology v2.0 compatible
- Class 1 power output
Technical Details of RN-41
- Baud rate speeds: 1200bps up to 921Kbps, non-standard baud rates can be programmed.
- Class 1 radio, 330? (100 m) range, 15 dBm output transmitter, -80 dBm typical receive sensitivity
- Frequency 2402 ~ 2480MHz,
- FHSS/GFSK modulation, 79 channels at 1MHz intervals
- Secure communications, 128 bit encryption
- Error correction for guaranteed packet delivery
- UART local and over-the-air RF configuration
- Auto-discovery/pairing requires no software configuration (instant cable replacement).
- Auto-connect master, IO pin (DTR) and character based trigger modes
- HCI data rates - 1.5Mbps sustained, 3.0Mbps burst in HCI mode
- Embedded Bluetooth stack profiles included (requires no host stack): GAP, SDP, RFCOMM and L2CAP protocols, with SPP and DUN profile support.
- Bluetooth SIG certified
- Castellated SMT pads for easy and reliable PCB mounting
- Class 1 high power amplifier with on board ceramic
RF chip antenna (RN-41) or without antenna
- Certifications: FCC, ICS, CE
- Environmentally friendly, RoHS compliant
You can also cheek our "Dokumente" for more information
1x SparkFun Bluetooth Module Breakout - Roving Networks (RN-41 v6.15)