The BlueSMiRF is the latest Bluetooth****wireless serial cable replacement from SparkFun Electronics! These modems work as a serial (RX/TX) pipe. Any serial stream from 2400 to 115200bps can be passed seamlessly from your computer to your target. We’ve tested these units successfully over open air at 350ft (106m)! The latest version of this board also breaks out PIO4.
Note: The remote unit can be powered from 3.3V up to 6V for easy battery attachment. All signal pins on the remote unit are 3V-6V tolerant. No level shifting is required. Do not attach this device directly to a serial port. You will need an RS232 to TTL converter circuit if you need to attach this to a computer.
Note: This is a single unit only. We recommend the purchase a USB dongle to interface to a computer if you do not already have access to a computer with Bluetooth connectivity.
This board ships without headers, you can find break away headers in the related items below.
****Radio Modem * Extremely small radio - 0.15x0.6x1.9" * Very robust link both in integrity and transmission distance (100m) - no more buffer overruns! * Low power consumption : 25mA avg * Hardy frequency hopping scheme - operates in harsh RF environments like WiFi, 802.11g, and Zigbee * Encrypted connection * Frequency: 2.402~2.480 GHz * Operating Voltage: 3.3V-6V * Serial communications: 2400-115200bps * Operating Temperature: -40 ~ +70C * Built-in antenna
Technical Details of BlueSMiRF Gold
- v6.15 Firmware
- FCC Approved Class 1 Bluetooth
Technical Details of RN-41
- Baud rate speeds: 1200bps up to 921Kbps, non-standard baud rates can be programmed.
- Class 1 radio, 330’ (100m) distance, 15dBm output transmitter, -80dBm typical receive sensitivity
- Frequency 2402 ~ 2480MHz,
- FHSS/GFSK modulation, 79 channels at 1MHz intervals
- Secure communications, 128 bit encryption
- Error correction for guaranteed packet delivery
- UART local and over-the-air RF configuration
- Auto-discovery/pairing requires no software configuration (instant cable replacement).
- Auto-connect master, IO pin (DTR) and character based trigger modes
- HCI data rates - 1.5Mbps sustained, 3.0Mbps burst in HCI mode
- Class 1 high power amplifier with on board ceramic RF chip antenna
- Certifications: FCC, ICS, CE
- Environmentally friendly, RoHS
You can also cheek our "Dokumente" for more information
1x SparkFun Bluetooth Modem - BlueSMiRF Gold