The SparkFun SGP40 Air Quality Sensor provides a measurement of the quality of the air in your room or house. The Sensirion metal oxide (MOx) sensor features a temperature controlled micro hotplate and provides a humidity-compensated volatile organic compound (VOC) based indoor air quality signal.
The VOC Algorithm in our Arduino Library automatically adapts to the environment the sensor is exposed to and translates the raw signal into a VOC Index as a robust measure for indoor air quality. Both sensing element and VOC Algorithm feature an unmatched robustness against contaminating gases present in real world applications enabling a unique long term stability as well as low drift and device to device variation.
The SGP40 communicates via I2C so naturally we broke out the pins on the sensor to Qwiic connectors so you can easily connect it to SparkFun's ever growing Qwiic Ecosystem!
Uses I2C interface (Qwiic-enabled)
- I2C Address: 0x59
- 2x Qwiic connectors
Operating voltage range:
- 1.7V - 3.6V (Typ. 3.3V)
- The Qwiic interface provides 3.3V
- Digital raw value (SRAW): 0 - 65535 ticks
- Digital processed value (VOC Index): 0 - 500 VOC Index points
- Time until reliably detecting VOC events: <60s
- Time until specifications are met: <1h
Recommended sampling interval:
- VOC Index: 1s
- SRAW: 0.5s - 10s (Typ. 1s)
Typical current consumption:
- 2.6mA during continuous operation (at 3.3V)
- 34µA when idle (heater off)