The SparkFun ESP8266 Thing Starter Kit is a great place to start learning about the Internet of Things (IoT)! Inside this kit you will find a ESP8266 Thing, a Serial Basic Breakout to program it (and USB cable), jumper wires, breadboard, LEDs, and plenty of headers. We've also included a pair of stackable 10-pin headers as well as 40 regular headers to connect your Serial Basic Breakout to the Thing or breadboard. If you have ever been interested in learning about IoT, Arduino, and wireless solutions, the SparkFun ESP8266 Thing Starter Kit is a perfect place to start!
The SparkFun ESP8266 Thing is a breakout and development board for the ESP8266 WiFi SoC ? a leading platform for Internet of Things (IoT) or WiFi-related projects. The Thing is low-cost and easy to use, and Arduino IDE integration can be achieved in just a few steps. We've made the ESP8266 easy to use by breaking out all of the module?s pins, adding a LiPo charger, power supply, and all of the other supporting circuitry it requires.
Note: You may want to either use a second USB cable to power the board while programming or connect the solder jumper on the back of the board to provide power over the FTDI port.
- All module pins broken out
- On-board LiPo charger/power supply
- 802.11 b/g/n
- Wi-Fi Direct (P2P), soft-AP
- Integrated TCP/IP protocol stack
- Integrated TR switch, balun, LNA, power amplifier and matching network
- Integrated PLLs, regulators, DCXO and power management units
- Integrated low power 32-bit CPU could be used as application processor
- +19.5dBm output power in 802.11b mode
1x SparkFun ESP8266 Thing
1x SparkFun Serial Basic Breakout - CH340G
1x Jumper Wires 4in M/M (30 pack)
1x MicroB USB CAble - 6in
2x Stackable Headers - 10 pin
1x LED - Basic Green 5mm
1x LED - Basic Red 5mm
1x Jumper 2 pin
1x Break Away Headers - Straight (40 pins)