This Wio LoRaWAN FieldTester is a plug-and-play and all-in-one LongFi network monitor for Helium network. It will help you particularly know how many Hotspots around can be touched for a given position, enrich the network mappers to know each other and share the real network coverage.
It helps to build the global coverage map. This map proves that the network can be used for professional / industrial applications by making sure sensors can be deployed in desired areas. This gives long-term value to our assets.
In a particular zone where no hotspot has been yet deployed, you can make sure it will be witnessed by some other hotspot and that way verify the viability to deploy new hotspot in excentered zones where the scale reward is higher.
With the Helium Cargo application, you can real-time track yourself or an asset over a covered zone.
- Please note that if you flash a different firmware on the device, you will have a risk of losing the device configuration.
- Wio Terminal Chassis - Batteries not included in this kit, please purchase it separately if needed.
On-Size Verification: Monitor the LongFi network performance from the field to verify the coverage and know the different Gateways / Hotspots covering a given place.
The Best Tracker: Find the best places to deploy new Gateways / Hotspots.
Type C Port: Compact size, support Type C power bank charge to bring the device everywhere.
Easy to operate & Long Life: Ready to go Wio Terminal LoRaWAN Field Tester. No setup, just power it on! The included communication allows normal use for 3 to 5 years.
Friendly Interface Display: Directly display network and GPS information on the Wio Terminal screen
The WioLoRaWanFieldTester provides different features, all-in-one:
- Field Tester - it allows to monitor the LoRaWan / LongFi network performance from the field. That way you can verify the coverage and know the different Gateways / Hotspots covering a given place. It helps to find the best places to deploy new Gateways / Hotspots, compare different places to optimize the network deployment. It can show signal strength in real-time and allows the testing of different network parameters.
- Mapper - it automatically transfers the positions to the network mappers - Helium Mappers and Coverage Map - to create a map of coverage. This map is really important to understand where it is possible to use the network. It is a key point for giving trust to the network and motivating the service providers to use it.
- Tracker - it can be connected to tracking services like cargo to track cars, people, assets in real-time.
- Multi-zone: suports EU868, AS923, US915, KR920, IN865, AU915
- Friendly to developers: compatible with over 300 Plug&Play Grove modules to create IoT nodes. The firmware is open-source and can be upgraded like moving a file to a directory.
When Wio Terminal is connecting to the network, it starts sending messages on regular basis, meanwhile, the onboarded GPS is getting the device’s position in real-time. This message is acknowledged by the network to retrieve the information requested for field testing. Each of the messages is processed by a dedicated application computing advanced Field-Testing information later transmitted back to the device. When the GPS signal quality is correct, the location is transferred to the mappers and tracking services.
All the Field-Testing information is displayed on the Wio Terminal screen where you can also set up different radio parameters.
- Manufacturer Part Number: ATSAMD51P19
- Core Processor: ARM® Cortex®-M4F running at 120MHz
- Memory: 4 MB External Flash, 192 KB RAM
- Maximum Speed: 200MHz
- External Flash: 4MBytes
- Operating Temperature: -40°C ~ 85°C (TA)
- Resolution: 320x240
- Display Size: 2.4inch
- Drive IC: ILI9341
- Manufacturer Part Number: RTL8720DN
- KM4 CPU: ARM® Cortex®-M4F @ 200MHz
- KM0 CPU: ARM® Cortex®-M0
- Wi-Fi: 802.11 a/b/g/n 1x1, Dual Band 2.4GHz & 5GHz
- Bluetooth: Support BLE5.0
- Accelerometer: LIS3DHTR
- Microphone: 1.0V-10V -42dB
- Speaker: ?78dB @10cm 4000Hz
- Light Sensor: 400-1050nm
- Infrared Emitter: 940nm
- MicroSD Card Slot: Maximum 16GB
- GPIO: 40-PIN (Raspberry Pi Compatible)
- Supported Protocol: SPI, I2C, I2S, ADC, DAC, PWM, UART(Serial)
- Grove: 2 (Multifunction), for Digital, Analog, I2C, and PWM
- FPC: 20-Pins
- USB Type-C: Power & USB-OTG
- 5-Way Switch
- Power/Reset Switch
- User-defined button *3
- Mouting: Built-in magnets and two mounting holes
- Dimension: 72mm*57mm*12mm
- Materials: ABS+PC
- AT Firmware
- Visual Studio Code
Wio Terminal LoRaWan Chassis with Antenna
- Voltage - supply: 3V3
- Frequency: EU868 / US915 / AU915 / AS923 / KR920 / IN865
- Protocol: LoRaWAN
- Sensitivity: -116.5dBm ~ -136dBm
- modulation: LoRa, (G)FSK, (G)MSK, BPSK
- Quectel L76-LB
- Receiving Bands
- GPS L1/Galileo E1 C/A: 1575.42MHz
- GLONASS L1 C/A: 1602.5625MHz
- BeiDou B1 C/A: 1561.098MHz
- 33 Tracking Channels
- 99 Acquisition Channels
- 210 PRN Channels
- Acquisition: -148dBm
- Tracking: -165dBm
- Reacquisition: -160dBm
- Interfaces: Wio Terminal 40-PIN(2x20 Male Headers)
- Dimension: 72mm*57mm*12mm
- 3D Printing with ABS
- 1x Wio Terminal
- 1x USB Type-C Short Cable
- 1x Wio Terminal Chassis - LoRa-E5 and GNSS *1
- 1x Antenna(EU868/US915) *1