The ST-LINK is an in-circuit debugger and programmer for the STM8 and STM32 microcontroller families. The SWIM and JTAG/SWD interface is used to communicate with the STM8 or STM32 microcontroller located on your own application board.
On the PC side, the USB full speed interface is used to communicate with:
- ST Visual Develop (STVD) or ST Visual Program (STVP) software from
STMicroelectronic's for the STM8,
- ATOLLIC, IAR and KEIL Integrated Development Environments for the STM32.
- 5 V power supplied by USB connector
- USB 2.0 full speed interface compatible
- USB standard A to Mini-B cable provided
- SWIM specific features:
- 1.65 V to 5.5 V application voltage supported on SWIM interface
- SWIM low speed and high speed modes supported
- SWIM programming speed rate:
- 9.7 Kbytes/s in low speed
- 12.8 Kbytes/s in high speed
- SWIM cable for connection to an application with pin headers or 2.54 mm pitch connector
- JTAG/SWD specific features:
- 3 V to 3.6 V application voltage supported on JTAG/SWD interface and 5 V tolerant inputs
- JTAG/SWD cable provided for connection to a standard JTAG 20-pin pitch 2.54 mm connector
- Direct firmware update feature supported
- Status LED which blinks during communication with PC
- Operating temperature 0 to 50 °C
Since May-2011, ST-LINK New Revision has been released. Hence, we're happy to provide our customers new products with better looking & better reliability.
Connecting the PC and STM8/STM32 application board through a ST-LINK to establish hardware connection:
Microcontrollers supported by STVP release 3.2.8:
|STM32||STM32F100xx, STM32F101xx, STM32F102xx, STM32F103xx, STM32F105xx, STM32F107xx, STM32F2xxx, STM32F4xxx,|
STM32L15xx6, STM32L15xx8,STM32L15xxB, STM32L151xC, STM32L151xD, STM32L152xC, STM32L152xD, STM32L162xD,
STM32W108C8, STM32W108xB, STM32W108xC, STM32W108xZ
|STM8||STM8AF51x, STM8AF52x, STM8AF61x, STM8AF62x,STM8AH51x, STM8AH61x, |
STM8S003K3, STM8S003F3, STM8S005C6, STM8S005K6, STM8S007C8, STM8S103xx, STM8S105xx, STM8S207xx, STM8S208xx, STM8S903F3, STM8S903K3,
STM8L101xx, STM8L15x, STM8L16x,
Connection with STM8 applications
The ST-LINK should be connected to the STM8 application via the SWIM separate-wires cable, which is delivered with the product.
As the SWIM separate-wires cable has independent connectors for all pins on one side, it is possible to connect the ST-LINK to an application board without a standard SWIM connector. On this flat ribbon all signals are referenced by a specific color and a label to ease the connection on target.
Figure 1. Standard SWIM header pinout
Connection with STM32 applications
For STM32 developments the ST-LINK must be connected to the application using the standard 20-pin female-female JTAG flat ribbon provided.
Figure 4. Debugging connector layout on ST-LINK and flat cable
Development resources:user manual, driver, software, etc.
|Product weight:||0,20 Kg|