The TB67H420FTG from Toshiba is an H-bridge motor driver IC that can be used for bidirectional control of one or two brushed DC motors at 10 V to 47 V. It can supply up to about 1.7 A continuously to each of two separate motors or about 3.4 A to a single motor, and it can tolerate peak currents up to 4.5 A per channel (dual) or 9 A (single) for a few seconds, making it a good choice for small- to medium-sized motors that run at higher voltages. The TB67H420FTG is a great IC, but its small surface-mount package makes it difficult for the typical student or hobbyist to use; our breakout board makes it easy to use with standard solderless breadboards and 0.1" perfboards. Since this board is a carrier for the TB67H420FTG, we recommend careful reading of the TB67H420FTG datasheet (460k pdf). The board ships populated with SMD components, including the TB67H420FTG and a reverse battery protection circuit.
- Single- or dual-channel H-bridge motor driver (can drive one or two DC motors)
- Motor supply voltage: 10 V to 47 V
- Output current:
- up to 1.7 A continuous (4.5 A peak) per motor in dual-channel mode
- up to 3.4 A continuous (9 A peak) in single-channel mode
- Configurable current chopping actively limits motor current to 4.5 A per channel (dual) or 9 A (single) by default; can be lowered with external resistors or voltage sources
- No separate logic supply needed; inputs are 3V- and 5V-compatible
- Flexible input interface provides several options for control
- Under-voltage lockout and protection against over-current/short-circuit and over-temperature
- Open-load detection
- Carrier board adds reverse-voltage protection up to 40 V
- Active-low error outputs indicate over-current, over-temperature, or open-load condition
- Compact size (1.0" × 1.2")
- Exposed solderable ground pad below the driver IC on the bottom of the PCB
This product ships with all surface-mount components?including the TB67H420FTG driver IC?installed as shown in the product picture. However, soldering is required for assembly of the included through-hole parts: one 1×20-pin breakaway 0.1" male header and three 2-pin, 3.5 mm terminal blocks (for board power and motor outputs).
The 0.1" male header can be broken or cut into smaller pieces as desired and soldered into the smaller through-holes. These headers are compatible with solderless breadboards, 0.1" female connectors, and our premium and pre-crimped jumper wires. The terminal blocks can be soldered into the larger holes to allow for convenient temporary connections of unterminated power and motor wires (see our short video on terminal block installation). You can also solder your motor leads and other connections directly to the board for the most compact installation.
|Size:||1.2" × 1.0"1|
|Minimum operating voltage:||10 V|
|Maximum operating voltage:||47 V2|
|Continuous output current per channel:||1.7 A|
|Continuous paralleled output current:||3.4 A|
|Reverse voltage protection:||Y2|
|PCB dev codes:||md35a|
|Other PCB markings:||0J11169|
- 1 Without included hardware.
- 2 Note: Reverse voltage protection only works up to 40 V.
This product can get hot enough to burn you long before the chip overheats. Take care when handling this product and other components connected to it.
1x Pololu TB9051FTG Single Brushed DC Motor Driver Carrier
1x 1×20-pin breakaway 0.1" male header
3x 2-pin, 3.5 mm terminal blocks