The qik 2s12v10 adds a comprehensive yet easy-to-use, high-power option to Pololu?s line of motor controllers. The compact board?it?s almost the same size as the dual VNh3SP30 carrier board by itself?allows any microcontroller or computer with a serial port to drive two brushed DC motors with full direction and speed control, providing up to 13 A (continuous) per motor channel without a heat sink and tolerating peaks as high as 30 A.
The improvements over competing products include:
- high-frequency PWM to eliminate switching-induced motor shaft hum or whine
- a robust, high-speed communication protocol with user-configurable error condition response
- visible LEDs and a demo mode to help troubleshoot problematic installations
- reverse power protection
For a lower-power version of this controller, please consider the qik 2s9v1. For similar devices that support additional features and control interfaces, please consider the Simple High-Power Motor Controllers, TReX motor controller, and jrk 12v12 motor controller with feedback.
Main Features of the Qik 2s12v10
- Simple bidirectional control of two DC brush motors.
- 6 V to 16 V operating supply range.
- 13 A maximum continuous current per motor (30 A peak).
- Logic-level, non-inverted, two-way serial control for easy connection to microcontrollers or robot controllers.
- RS-232-level, one-way serial control for easy connection to a PC serial port.
- Optional automatic baud rate detection from 1200 bps to 115.2 kbps.
- Seven on-board indicator LEDs (power, status/heartbeat, error indicator, and motor indicators) for debugging and feedback.
- Advanced features include configurable acceleration, motor current feedback, and current limiting.
- Error output to make it easier for the main controller to recover from an error condition.
- Optional motor shutdown on error or serial timeout for additional safety.
- Jumper-enabled demo mode allows initial testing without any programming.
- Optional CRC error detection eliminates serial errors caused by noise or software faults.
- Comprehensive user?s guide.
|Operating voltage:||6 ? 16 V|
|Continuous output current per channel:||13 A|
|Peak output current per channel:||30 A|
|Auto-detect baud rate range:||1200 ? 115,200 bps|
|Available fixed baud rates:||115,200 bps, 38,400 bps, 9600 bps|
|Available PWM frequencies:||19.7 kHz, 9.8 kHz, 2.5 kHz, 1.2 kHz, 310 Hz, 150 Hz|
|Reverse voltage protection?:||Y|
|Motor driver:||VNh3SP30 x2|