This board is a charge pump voltage inverter that converts an input voltage between 1.8 V and 5.3 V to a corresponding negative output voltage, with a typical efficiency of over 80%. The inverter can deliver a continuous output current of 60 mA across most of its operating range, making it a simple solution for applications requiring a lower-power negative supply, including sensor biasing and bipolar op-amp circuits.
Unlike a voltage regulator, which produces a constant output voltage from a range of input voltages, this inverter does not have a set output voltage; the module?s negative output voltage varies proportionally to the positive input voltage that it receives. However, you can get a regulated negative voltage by powering the inverter with a pre-regulated supply voltage. For example, with a fixed 5 V supply, the module produces a fixed ?5 V on its output; with a 3.3 V input, the output is ?3.3 V. Note that the magnitude of the output voltage decreases as the output current increases; please see the graphs at the bottom of this page for a more detailed characterization.
- Input voltage: 1.8 V to 5.3 V
- Negative output voltage is inverted from input
- Typical continuous output current: 60 mA
- <200 µA typical no-load quiescent current
- Size: 0.3? × 0.35? × 0.09?1
- Weight: 0.17 g1
- Minimum operating voltage: 1.8 V
- Maximum operating voltage: 5.3 V
- Maximum output current: 60 mA
- Reverse voltage protection?: N
- PCB dev codes: reg27a
- Other PCB markings: 0J12997
Notes: Without included optional headers.