This small digital distance sensor detects objects between 0.5 cm and 5 cm (0.2? and 2?) away. With its quick response time, small size, low current draw, and short minimum sensing distance, this sensor is a good choice for non-contact, close-proximity object detection, and our compact carrier PCB makes it easy to integrate into your project.
- Operating voltage: 2.7 V to 6.2 V
- Average current consumption: 5 mA (typical)
- Distance measuring range
- GP2Y0D805Z0F: 0.5 cm to 5 cm (0.2? to 2?)
- GP2Y0D810Z0F: 2 cm to 10 cm (0.8? to 4?)
- GP2Y0D815Z0F: 0.5 cm to 5 cm (0.2? to 6?)
- Output type: digital signal (low when detecting an object, high otherwise)
- Steady state update period: 2.56 ms typical (3.77 ms max)
- Enable pad can optionally be used to disable the emitter and save power (this feature requires you to cut a trace first)
- Size without header pins: 21.6 mm × 8.9 mm × 10.4 mm (0.85? × 0.35? × 0.41?)
- Weight without header pins: 1.5 g (0.05 oz)
- Size:0.85? × 0.35? × 0.41?1
- Weight:1.5 g1
- Maximum range:5 cm
- Minimum range:0.5 cm
- Sampling rate:390 Hz2
- Minimum operating voltage:2.7 V
- Maximum operating voltage:6.2 V
- Supply current:5 mA3
- Output type:digital4
- 1.Without included optional headers.
- 2.Typical; can be as low as 265 Hz.Typical.
- 3.Average; this sensor draws current in large, short bursts, so it might help to place 10 µF capacitor or larger across power and ground close to the sensor in some applications.
- 4.Low when detecting an object, high otherwise.