This product is a carrier board or breakout board for Allegro?s A4988 DMOS Microstepping Driver with Translator and Overcurrent Protection; we therefore recommend careful reading of the A4988 datasheet (1MB pdf) before using this product. This stepper motor driver lets you control one bipolar stepper motor at up to 2 A output current per coil (see the Power Dissipation Considerations section below for more information). Here are some of the driver?s key features:
- Simple step and direction control interface
- Five different step resolutions: full-step, half-step, quarter-step, eighth-step, and sixteenth-step
- Adjustable current control lets you set the maximum current output with a potentiometer, which lets you use voltages above your stepper motor?s rated voltage to achieve higher step rates
- Intelligent chopping control that automatically selects the correct current decay mode (fast decay or slow decay)
- Over-temperature thermal shutdown, under-voltage lockout, and crossover-current protection
- Short-to-ground and shorted-load protection
- 4-layer, 2 oz copper PCB for improved heat dissipation
- Exposed solderable ground pad below the driver IC on the bottom of the PCB
This product ships with all surface-mount components?including the A4988 driver IC?installed as shown in the product picture.
- Size:0.6? × 0.8?
- Weight:1.5 g1
- Minimum operating voltage:8 V
- Maximum operating voltage:35 V
- Continuous current per phase:1.2 A2
- Maximum current per phase:2 A3
- Minimum logic voltage:3 V
- Maximum logic voltage:5.5 V
- Microstep resolutions:full, 1/2, 1/4, 1/8, and 1/16
- Reverse voltage protection?:N
- Bulk packaged?:N
- Header pins soldered?:N4
- 1. Without included optional headers.
- 2. Without a heat sink or forced air flow.
- 3. With sufficient additional cooling.
- 4. Male header pins are included for the board's 16 holes, but they are not installed.