The Pololu A-Star 32U4 Micro is a general-purpose programmable module based on Atmel?s ATmega32U4 AVR microcontroller, which has 32 KB of flash program memory, 2.5 KB of RAM, and built-in USB functionality. Onboard features of the A-Star (abbreviated A*) include a 16 MHz resonator, a USB Micro-B connector, an in-system programming (ISP) header, and a pair of indicator LEDs. A voltage regulator and power selection circuit allow the board to be powered from either USB or an external 5.5 V to 15 V source, while a resettable PTC fuse on the USB VBUS supply and reverse protection on VIN help protect it from accidental damage.
The A-Star 32U4 Micro breaks out 15 general-purpose I/O lines along two rows of pins, including 7 usable as PWM outputs and 8 usable as analog inputs; another three GPIO pins can be accessed through the 6-pin ISP header. It fits all this into a 20-pin dual in-line package (DIP) measuring only 1? × 0.6? (even smaller than competing ATmega32U4 boards like the Teensy 2.0 and Pro Micro), and its 0.1? pin spacing makes the A* easy to use with solderless breadboards, perfboards, and 0.1?-pitch connectors.
Our comprehensive user?s guide provides the basics you need to get started with the A-Star as well as detailed technical information for advanced users.
This product requires a USB A to Micro-B cable (not included) to connect to a computer.
- Dimensions: 1? × 0.6? (1.05? × 0.6? including USB Micro-B connector)
- Programmable 16 MHz Atmel ATmega32U4 AVR microcontroller
- 32 KB flash (4 KB used by bootloader, leaving 28 KB available for user program by default)
- 2.5 KB SRAM
- 1 KB EEPROM
- Native full-speed USB (12 Mbps)
- Preloaded with Arduino-compatible bootloader (no external programmer required)
- Many I/O lines in a small package
- 15 general-purpose I/O pins available along the sides of the board
- 3 additional I/O pins available on ISP header
- 7 pins can be configured as hardware PWM outputs
- 8 pins can be configured as analog inputs
- 2 user-controllable LEDs
- Can be powered from USB or external 5.5 V to 15 V source on VIN
- PTC fuse on VBUS supply
- Reverse-voltage protection on VIN supply
- 6-pin ISP header for use with an external programmer
- Comprehensive user?s guide