These tiny brushed DC gearmotors are available in a wide range of gear ratios - from 5:1 up to 1000:1 - and with five different motors: high-power 6 V and 12 V motors with long-life carbon brushes (HPCB), and high-power (HP), medium power (MP), and low power (LP) 6 V motors with shorter-life precious metal brushes. The 6 V and 12 V HPCB motors offer the same performance at their respective nominal voltages, just with the 12 V motor drawing half the current of the 6 V motor. The 6 V HPCB and 6 V HP motors are identical except for their brushes, which only affect the lifetime of the motor.
The HPCB versions (shown on the left in the picture below) can be differentiated from versions with precious metal brushes (shown on the right) by their copper-colored terminals. Note that the HPCB terminals are 0.5 mm wider than those on the other micro metal gearmotor versions (2 mm vs. 1.5 mm), and they are about 1 mm closer together (6 mm vs. 7 mm).
Details for item #3039
Exact gear ratio: 51.45:1
In terms of size, these gearmotors are very similar to Sanyo's popular 12 mm NA4S DC gearmotors, and gearmotors with this form factor are occasionally referred to as N20 motors. The versions with carbon brushes (HPCB) have slightly different terminal and end-cap dimensions than the versions with precious metal brushes, but all of the other dimensions are identical.
- Size: 10 × 12 × 26 mm1
- Weight: 9.5 g
- Shaft diameter: 3 mm2
- Gear ratio: 51.45:1
- No-load speed @ 12V: 650 rpm
- No-load current @ 12V: 0.06 A
- Stall current @ 12V: 0.75 A
- Stall torque @ 12V: 0.67 kg·cm
- Max output power @ 12V: 1.1 W
- No-load speed @ 6V: 325 rpm3
- No-load current @ 6V: 0.05 A3
- Stall current @ 6V: 0.38 A3
- Stall torque @ 6V: 0.34 kg·cm3
- Extended motor shaft?: N
- Long-life carbon brushes?: Y
- Motor type: 0.75A stall @ 12V (HPCB 12V - carbon brush)
Performance at maximum efficiency
- Max efficiency @ 12V: 31 %
- Speed at max efficiency: 500 rpm
- Torque at max efficiency: 0.15 kg·cm
- Current at max efficiency: 0.22 A
- Output power at max efficiency: 0.79 W
- Output shaft adds 9 mm to the 26 mm length.
- D shaft.
- This motor will run at 6 V but is intended for operation at 12 V.
1x Pololu 50:1 Micro Metal Gearmotor HPCB 12V