We love mobile projects but having a discrete, slick, and tidy power supply solution is always tricky. The Zero LiPo aims to give you the most compact Raspberry Pi power supply possible.
You can either solder the 0.8mm thick PCB directly onto the GPIO pins on your Pi for a permanent solution, or solder on the provided 2x4 0.1" female header which will allow you to remove your Zero LiPo at any time (but will block the GPIO pins).
We use the TPS61232 step-up boost converter from Texas Instruments that offers up to 96% efficiency. The board includes power on and battery low indicator LEDs. During shutdown (due to under-voltage or external selection) the quiescent current is just 15uA sip.
- 0.8mm thick PCB
- Shaped to sit as low as possible on the Raspberry Pi
- 2-pole JST connector ideal for most LiPo/LiIon batteries
- Power and low battery LED indicators
- Supplies up to 1.5A continuous current (15uA quiescent current)
- Low battery warning at 3.4V (asserts GPIO #4 low)
- Automatic shutdown at 3.0V to protect your battery
- VBAT+, GND, and EN pins available to break out
- 2x4 0.1" female header (optional, for non permanent installation)
- Includes rubber foot to space Zero LiPo away from your Raspberry Pi
- Compatible with Raspberry Pi 3, 2, B+, A+, Zero, and Zero W
- Requires soldering
We've put together a one-line installer that will initiate a clean shutdown when the low battery warning is triggered and GPIO #4 is pulled low. More details are available here in the GitHub repository.
This is not a charger. You will need a separate charger to keep your LiPo/LiIon batteries topped up! We recommend the Adafruit Micro Lipo or PowerBoost 1000 Charger.
1 x Pimoroni Zero LiPo