Open4357-C is an LPC development board designed for the LPC4357FET256 / LPC4357JET256 microcontroller, consists of the mother board and the MCU core board Core4357.
The Open4357-C supports further expansion with various optional accessory boards for specific application. The modular and open design makes it the ideal for starting application development with NXP LPC series microcontrollers.
What's on the mother board
- MCU core board connector: for easily connecting the MCU core board
- SGPIO connector: for connecting camera module
- USB interface 1: USB1 FS
- USB interface 2: USB0 HS
- USB interface 3: converts to UART through an onboard USB to UART convertor PL2303
- UART3 interface: easily connects to RS232, RS485, USB TO 232, etc.
- I2C0 | I2C1 interface: easily connects to I2C peripherals such as I/O expander (PCF8574), EEPROM (AT24Cxx), etc.
- CAN1 interface: for connecting CAN module
- CAN0 interface: for connecting CAN module
- UART1 interface: easily connects to RS232, RS485, USB TO 232, etc.
- ADC+DAC interface: for ADC/DAC testing
- LCD interface 1: for connecting 7inch LCD
- SDIO interface: for connecting Micro SD module, features much faster access speed rather than SPI
- LCD interface 2: for connecting 4.3inch LCD
- Capacitive touch screen interface: for connecting capacitive touch screen
- SSP interface: easily connects to SPI peripherals such as DataFlash (AT45DBxx), SD card, MP3 module, etc.
- ETH interface: for connecting ETH module
- I2S0 interface: for connecting I2S modules such as Audio module, etc.
- ONE-WIRE interface: easily connects to ONE-WIRE devices (TO-92 package), such as temperature sensor (DS18B20), electronic registration number (DS2401), etc.
- 5V DC jack
- 5V/3.3 V power input/output: usually used as power output, also common-grounding with other user board
- MCU pins connector: all the I/O ports are accessible on expansion connectors for further expansion
- JTAG interface: for debugging/programming
- AMS1117-3.3: 3.3V voltage regulator
- LM3625-H: USB power management device
- XPT2046 (on bottom side): touch screen controller
- PL2303TA (on bottom side): USB TO UART convertor
- Power indicator
- USB1 VBUS LED
- USB0 VBUS LED
- PL2303TA TX-LED / RX-LED, UART transmitting/receiving indicator
- LEDs: convenient for indicating I/O status and/or program running state
- Joystick: five positions
- User key: convenient for I/O input and/or interact with running code
- Reset button
- Power switch
- BOOT jumper
- VBAT jumper
- USB1 FS jumper
- USB0 HS jumper
- USB TO UART jumper
- LEDs jumper
- User key jumper
- Joystick jumper
What's on the Core4357
LPC4357FET256 / LPC4357JET256: the LPC ARM Cortex-M4/M0 dual-core microcontroller:
- Core: Cortex-M4 processor, 204MHz Max
- Core: Cortex-M0 coprocessor, 204MHz Max
- Package: LBGA256
- I/Os: 164
- Memories: FLASH total 1M, SRAM total 136kB, ROM 64kB, E2PROM 16kB, OTP memory 64 bit
- 1 x SPIFI, 1 x 10/100T MAC
- 1 x High-speed USB2.0 Host/Device/OTG
- 1 x High-speed USB 2.0 Host/Device
- 1 x 550 UART, 3 x 550 USART, 1 x IrDA
- 2 x CAN 2.0, 2 x SSP, 1 x SPI, 1 x Fast-mode Plus I2C
- 1 x standard I2C-bus, 2 x I2S, 1 x EMC, 1 x LCD controller
- 1 x SD/MMC, 1 x PWM, 1 x QEI, 1 x 10-bit DAC, 2 x 10-bit ADC
- QSPI FLASH solder pads, for soldering external Flash if required
- MT48LC8M32B2, 256M Bit SDRAM
- SST39VF3201, 32M Bit NorFlash
- K9F1G08U0B, 1G Bit NandFlash
- 12M crystal oscillator
- 32.768K crystal, for internal RTC with calibration
- MCU pins expander, VCC, GND and idle I/O ports are accessible on expansion connectors for further expansion
The Open4357-C supports programming via UART bootloader
The Open4357-C does NOT integrate any debugging function, a debugger is required.
The figure 1, and 2 show the header pinouts of JTAG/SWD interface
The User Guide CD includes development resources listed as follow:
- Related software (KEIL etc.)
- Examples in C
- Schematic (PDF)
- LPC Cortex-M3/M4 development documentations (Datasheet etc.)
Note: the camera and capacitive touch screen drivers are not provided for the moment.