Open103C is an STM32 development board that features an STM32F103CBT6 device as the microcontroller. There are further expansions with various optional accessory boards for specific application. The modular and open design makes it the ideal for starting application development with STM32F family.
What's On Board
STM32F103CBT6: the high performance STM32 MCU which features
- Core: ARM Cortex-M3 32-bit RISC
- Operating Frequency: 72MHz, 1.25 DMIPS/MHz
- Operating Voltage: 2-3.6V
- Package: LQFP48
- I/Os: 37
- Memories: 128kB Flash, 20kB RAM
- Communication Interfaces: 2 x SPI, 3 x USART, 2 x I2C, 1 x USB, 1 x CAN
- AD & DA converters: 2 x AD (12-bit, 1µs, shares 10 channels)
- Debugging/Programming: supports JTAG/SWD (serial wire debug) interfaces, supports IAP
- AMS1117-3.3: 3.3V voltage regulator
- Power supply switch: 5V DC or USB
- Power indicator
- LEDs: for indicating I/O status or program debugging running state
- Reset button
- User key: for I/O input test
- Joystick: for I/O input test (five positions)
- 32.768K crystal oscillator: used for internal RTC, also supports clock calibration
- 8M crystal oscillator: enables the MCU run at 72M frequency by frequency multiplication
- 8 I/O Interface: easily connects to keypad, motor, etc.
- CAN interface: communicates with accessory board which features the CAN device conveniently
SPI1 / SPI2 interface
- easily connects to SPI peripherals such as FLASH (AT45DBxx), SD card, MP3, etc.
- convenient for connecting AD module, thanks to the SPI1 alternative AD function
- I2C1 / I2C2 interface: easily connects to I2C peripherals such as I/O expander (PCF8574), EEPROM (AT24Cxx), etc.
- LCD interface: easily connects to the touch screen LCD
- ONE-WIRE interface: easily connects to ONE-WIRE devices (TO-92 package), such as temperature sensor (DS18B20), electronic registration number (DS2401), etc.
- USART1 interface: easily connects to RS232, RS485, USB TO 232
- USART2 interface: easily connects to RS232, RS485, USB TO 232
- USB port: USB communication between board and PC
- 5V DC jack
- 5V/3.3 V power input/output, usually used for power output, or common ground with other user board
- MCU pins connector: all the MCU pins are accessible on expansion connectors for further expansion
- JTAG/SWD interface: for debugging/programming
- Boot mode selection: for configuring the BOOT0 and BOOT1 pins
USB enable jumper
- short the jumper to enable the PC auto detection while USB connecting
- open the jumper to disable
- short the jumper to connect the LEDs to I/Os used in example code
- open the jumper to connect the LEDs to other custom pins via jumper wires
User key jumper
- short the jumper to connect the user key to I/Os used in example code
- open the jumper to connect the user key to other custom pins via jumper wires
- short the jumper to connect the joystick to I/Os used in example code
- open the jumper to connect the joystick to other custom pins via jumper wires
VBAT selection jumper
- short the jumper to use system power supply
- open the jumper to connect the VBAT to external power, such as battery
The Open103C supports programming via STM32 USART bootloader, a USB TO UART accessory board is also provided in the package.
The Open103C does NOT integrate any debugging function, a debugger is required.
The Open103C Standard includes only ONE accessory board -- PL2303 USB UART Board (mini).
The figure 1, and 2 show the header pinouts of JTAG/SWD interface
The User Guide CD includes development resources listed as follows:
- Related software (KEIL etc.)
- Demo code (examples in C, µC/OS-II)
- Schematic (PDF)
- STM32 development documentations (Datasheet etc.)
- Open103C development board x 1
- PL2303 USB UART Board (mini) x 1
- USB type A to Mini-B cable x 1
- 4-pin wire x 2
- 2-pin wire x 2
- USB power cable x 1
- User Guide CD x 1