The Maxbotics XL-MaxSonar family of sonar range finders offers very short- to long-range detection and ranging in an incredibly small package with low power consumption. The XL-MaxSonar detects objects from 0 to 7.65 meters (25 feet) and provides sonar range information beyond 20 cm (8") with a resolution of 1 cm resolution (0.4 in). Objects between 0 and 20 cm range as 20 cm. An efficient transformer uses 0.5 W of power to drive the transducer, yielding high-output acoustic power. This acoustic power, combined with continuously-variable gain, real-time automatic calibration, real-time waveform signature analysis, and real-time noise rejection algorithms, results in virtually noise-free distance readings for most applications, even in the presence of various acoustic or electrical noise sources. The XL-MaxSonar distance sensor is available in five factory-calibrated beam patterns (EZ/AE0-4).
For a less-expensive, lower-resolution, shorter-range version, please consider the LV-MaxSonar-EZ family of distance sensors.
Specifications and Features
- Small and light: 0.870" x 0.785" x 0.989" (2.2 x 2.0 x 2.5 cm), 0.22 oz (6.1 g)
- Long range detection: 0 ? 7.65 m (25 ft)
- No dead zone; detections from 0 to 20 cm (8 in) are output as 20 cm
- Resolution of 1 cm (0.4 in)
- Low typical current consumption: 3.4 mA at 5 V, 2.1 mA at 3.3 V
- Runs on 3.3 ? 5 V
- 42 kHz ultrasonic sensor
- 10 Hz reading rate
- Readings can be triggered externally or internally
- Supports three interfaces (all are active simultaneously):
- Serial output of distance reading: asynchronous, logic-level (TTL), inverted, 9600 bps 8N1
- Analog output of distance reading: (Vcc/1024) / cm (4.9 mV/cm when input voltage Vcc = 5 V)
- Pulse width output of distance reading: 58 ?s/cm (147 ?s/in) on EZ models only
- Analog voltage envelope of return acoustic wave form on AE models only
- Size:0.870" x 0.785" x 0.989"
- Weight:6.1 g
- Resolution:1 cm
- Maximum range:7.65 m
- Minimum range:0 cm1
- Sampling rate:10 Hz
- Baud:9600 bps
- Minimum operating voltage:3.3 V
- Maximum operating voltage:5 V
- Supply current:3.4 mA2
- 1.Objects closer than 20 cm are reported as 20 cm.
- 2.At 5 V (2.1 mA at 3.3 V).