ESP32CAM is a development board for image recognition. It features an ESP32(4M Flash + 520K RAM) chip and 2-Megapixel carmera(OV2640). It also supports image transmission via Wi-Fi and debuging through USB Type-C port.
The hardware comes preloaded software, programmed by ESP-IDF. It is an application to run Wi-Fi camera. The output image is size 600*800, since it's 2-Maga camera, you sure can optimize the software to output the maximum size of photos.
what this software can do?
- Power the board via USB type-C or GROVE
- Use your phone to Wi-Fi scan an AP name start with 'm5stack-' and click to connect this AP.
- Open up web browser on your phone and visit 192.168.4.1
- Then here comes the picture. Video is about 5-6 frames per senconds. not super fast.
- ESP32 specifications
- CP2104 USB TTL
- 2M image processor
- 65° Field of View
- 1x ESP32CAM
- Flash: 4MB
- RAM: 520KB
- Image Sensor: OV2640
- Maximum resolution: 200w pixel
- Transmission rate: UXGA/SXGA: 15fps, SVGA: 30fps, CIF: 60fps
- Output format: YUV(422/420)/YCbCr422, RGB565/555, 8-bit compressed data
- net weight: 6g
- Gross weight: 18g
- Product Size: 20.5*46.5*11.5mm
- Package Size: 60*57*17mm