The MCP4728 device is a quad, 12-bit voltage output Digital-to-Analog Convertor (DAC) with nonvolatile memory (EEPROM). Its on-board precision output amplifier allows it to achieve rail-to-rail analog output swing.
The DAC input codes, device configuration bits, and I2C address bits are programmable to the nonvolatile memory (EEPROM) by using I2C serial interface commands. The nonvolatile memory feature enables the DAC device to hold the DAC input codes during power-off time, allowing the DAC outputs to be available immediately after power-up with the saved settings. This feature is very useful when the DAC device is used as a supporting device for other devices in the application's network.
The MCP4728 device has a high precision internal voltage reference (VREF = 2.048V). The user can select the internal reference or external reference (VDD) for each channel individually.
- 12-Bit Voltage Output DAC with Four Buffered Outputs
- On-Board Nonvolatile Memory (EEPROM) for DAC Codes and I2C? Address Bits
- Internal or External Voltage Reference Selection
- Output Voltage Range:
- - Using Internal VREF (2.048V):
- 0.000V to 2.048V with Gain Setting = 1
- 0.000V to 4.096V with Gain Setting = 2
- - Using External VREF (VDD):
- 0.000V to VDD
- ±0.2 Least Significant Bit (LSB) Differential Nonlinearity (DNL) (typical)
- Fast Settling Time: 6 µs (typical)
- Normal or Power-Down Mode
- Low Power Consumption
- Single-Supply Operation: 2.7V to 5.5V
- I2C Interface:
- - Address bits: User Programmable to
- - Standard (100 kbps), Fast (400 kbps) and High Speed (HS) Mode (3.4 Mbps)
- 10-Lead MSOP Package
- Extended Temperature Range: -40°C to +125°C
1x GY- MCP4728 12 Bit Digital to Analog Converter (DAC) Evaluation Board