The AS3935 Franklin Lightning Detector gives you lightning detection for your next weather project. This sensor is capable of detecting lightning up to 40 km away with an accuracy of 1km to the storm front! On the product is a sensitive antenna tuned to pick up lightning events in the 500kHz band. When sensing an event the AS3935 utilizes an interrupt to the interrupt pin, distinguishes between false and real lightning events, and has a number of features to help calibrate lightning detection. For example, there are settings for detecting from indoors or detecting from outdoors, settings to change the threshold for false events, and settings to be alerted only after a certain number of lightning strikes to name a few.
- 40 km Range with accuracy of 1km in 14 steps
- Programmable Detection Levels
- Distance to storm estimation
- "Disturber" (false event) rejection algorithm
- Indoor and Outdoor Settings
- SPI and I2C Interfaces
- Supply Voltage: 2.4V - 5.5V
Note: For using with Arduino Uno Board, Pins diagram is as the following:
AS3935 -- Arduino Uno
- VCC -- 5V
- GND -- GND
- SCL -- A5
- SDA -- A4
- IRQ -- D5
1. use IIC.ino to find the IIC address of the AS3935 sensor.
2. Than change IIC address in the AE_AS3935DEMO-ino, upload the code and open the serial monitor, pls choose 9600 baud.
1x AS3935 Lightning Detector Lightning Sensor