DFRobot FireBeetle series is the low-power consumption micro-controller intentionally designed for Internet of Things (IoT) projects. FireBeetle Board - ESP32 integrates a Dual-Core ESP-WROOM-32 module, which supports MCU and Wi-Fi &Bluetooth dual-mode communication. The electric current is just 10μA in the deep-sleep mode. The main controller supports two power supply methods: USB and 3.7V external lithium battery. And both USB and external DC can charge the Lipo battery directly.
FireBeetle Board-ESP32 has made a special hardware design for Arduino IDE. You can make a download without switching boot-mode manually. It supports Arduino, IDF (linux), micropython etc. Moreover, FireBeetle made a pin mapping for Arduino IDE. It can be configured with Dx transport, compatible with UNO and reduce the entry barrier.
The small size and high performance makes FireBeetle become idea solution for IOT low power consumption projects.
Please kindly note that developers are the most common users of FireBeetle Board-ESP32 and not all of the peripherals have examples for reference, and there are still some bugs being found and fixed. For Arduino IDE, all GPIO function, I2C/SPI communication has been working. But the other functions are still under development. We recommend this board for experienced engineer.
Version Upgrade: 1. Add a new anti-reverse connection silk-screen. 2.Change the Lipo battery connecter direction.
- Compatible with products in the DFRobot FireBeetle serials
- Low-power consumption(the electricity current under ultra-low power is 10μA)
- Quick Response(the top frequency is 400KHz)
- Small size, convenient to install
- Working voltage: 3.3V
- Input voltage: 3.3V~5V
- Support electric current of low power consumption: 10 μA
- Support maximum discharge current: 600mA
- Support maximum charge current: 500mA
- Support USB charging.
- Processer: Tensilica LX6 dual core processer (One for high speed connection; one for independent programing).
- Frequency: 240MHz
- Wi-Fi standard:FCC/CE/TELEC/KCC
- Wi-Fi protocol: 802.11 b/g/n/d/e/I/k/r (802.11n, high speed can reach to 150 Mbps), converge A-MPDU and A-MSDU, supporting 0.4us protecting interval.
- Frequency range: 2.4~2.5 GHz
- Bluetooth protocol: Comply with BR/EDR/BLE standard of Bluetooth v4.2.
- Bluetooth audio: the current under low power consumption of CVSD and SBC is 10μA
- Working current: 80mA in average
- Frequency range: 2.4~2.5GHz
- Support one-key downloading.
- Support micropython.
- On-chip clock: 40MHz crystal and 32.768 KHz crystal.
- Digital I/O: 10 (default setting of arduino)
- Simulative input: 5(default setting of arduino)
- SPI: 1 (default setting of arduino)
- I2C: 1 (default setting of arduino)
- I2S: 1 (default setting of arduino)
- Interface: FireBeetle series compatible
- Working temperature: -40°C~+85°C
- Dimension: 24 × 53(mm)/0.94 x 2.09(inches)
- The dimension of mounting hole: inner diameter 3.1mm; outside diameter 6mm.