The Adafruit Bluefruit LE (Bluetooth Smart, Bluetooth Low Energy, Bluetooth 4.0) nRF8001 Breakout allows you to establish an easy to use wireless link between your Arduino and any compatible iOS or Android (4.3+) device. It works by simulating a UART device beneath the surface, sending ASCII data back and forth between the devices, letting you decide what data to send and what to do with it on either end of the connection.
This BLE module which can act like an 'every day' UART data link (with an RX and TX characteristic). Send and receive data up to 10 meters away, from your Arduino to an iOS device.
Technical Details of Bluefruit LE nRF8001
- SCK - this is the SPI data clock pin, connect to your SPI master clock out
- MISO - this the SPI data out pin, data is sent from the module on this pin. Data level is 3V but that is fine for 5V microcontrollers.
- MOSI - this is the SPI data in pin, data is sent to the module on this pin.
- REQ - this is basically what the nRF8001 considers the 'SPI Chip Select' pin, its an input
- RDY (ready) - this is the data-ready pin, an interrupt output from the breakout to the microcontroller letting it know that data is ready to read
- ACT (active) - this is an output from the module, it lets the host know when the nRF8001 is busy
- RST (reset) - this is the reset pin input.
- 3Vo - this is the output from the onboard 3.3V regulator, you can grab up to 100mA from this pin.
- GND - common ground for data and power
- VIN - 3-5 VDC input to power the breakout
- Dimensions: 29mm x 28mm / 1.14" x 1.10"
- .8mm thick / .03"
- Weight: 1.8g
Technical Details of nRF8001
- Bluetooth low energy peripheral device
- Stack features:
- Low energy PHY layer
- Low energy link layer slave
- Low energy host for devices in the peripheral role
- Proprietary Application Controller Interface (ACI)
- Hardware features:
- 16 MHz crystal oscillator
- Low power 32 kHz ± 250 ppm RC oscillator
- 32.768 kHz crystal oscillator
- DC/DC converter
- Temperature sensor
- Battery monitor
- Direct Test Mode interface
- Ultra-low power consumption
- Single 1.9 - 3.6 V power supply
- Temperature range -40 to 85°C
- Compact 5x5 mm QFN32 package
- RoHS compliant
You can also cheek our "Dokumente" for more information
1x Bluefruit LE - Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE 4.0) - nRF8001 Breakout - v1.0