It's called the Pocket PiGRRL and it's powered by a Raspberry Pi Model A+ and a PiTFT display. You'll have to do all the assembly and installation yourself to get gaming, but our learn guide will help you get through the process.
Please note this is not a professional product! It's a DIY kit, and is great fun to build, but it may not have great emulation, video, audio etc.
The Pocket PiGRRL Pack has just about everything you need to make this project EXCEPT the case. You will need to 3D print your own case - but check out our 3D printing guide for the pack so you or your friend can 3D print an enclosure. You will also need to solder together the parts so many hand tools and other small parts such as screws or blue tack are required.
Powerboost may have an off-white or black JST connector.
This pack includes:
- 1x Adafruit PiTFT 2.4" HAT Mini Kit - 320x240 TFT Touchscreen
- 1x PowerBoost 1000 Charger - Rechargeable 5V Lipo USB Boost @ 1A - 1000C
- 1x Adafruit Mono 2.5W Class D Audio Amplifier - PAM8302
- 1x Adafruit Perma-Proto Half-sized Breadboard PCB - Single
- 1x GPIO Ribbon Cable for Raspberry Pi Model A and B - 26 pin
- 1x Tactile Button switch (6mm) x 20 pack
- 1x Tactile Switch Buttons (6mm slim) x 20 pack
- 1x Tactile Switch Buttons (12mm square, 6mm tall) x 10 pack
- 1x Mini Metal Speaker w/ Wires - 8 ohm 0.5W
- 1x Breadboard-friendly SPDT Slide Switch
- 1x 16GB Card with NOOBS 3.1 for Raspberry Pi Computers including 4
You will need to provide
- Raspberry Pi A+
- Various colors of silicone stranded wire
As of January 16th, 2020, we are now shipping this with a 16GB SD Card with NOOBS 3.1.